Exciting opportunity has opened up with a top asset management team, for a Client Team Data Reporting Analyst, who has exceptional advanced MSExcel skills, and experience manipulating large sets of complex data using advanced Excel tools to service their client teams/ RFPs and any data reporting requests from business. Great role that is varied, challenging and will allow you to work across all of the business / funds – so great scope for further learning!
Previous asset management experience a must, and as this is a global team, previous global experience would be a distinct advantage! Great opportunity to also add value with your strong data reporting process skills in potentially optimising and streamlining their current processes as opportunity allows. Lovely smart, efficient, hardworking and experienced team!
Cape Town based.
EE role. This role is open to suitably qualified Employment Equity candidates aligned with our client’s employment equity requirements for this role.
The role in a nutshell: preparation of data sets for RFP’s and client presentations, analyse, interpret large datasets on Excel, look for opportunities to streamline processes and improve the data analysis processes this team does, ensure approvals are obtained and liaise with legal to ensure signed NDAs are in place, manage daily multi-tasking and prioritising data requests and tasks according to business, team and client needs, managing tight deadlines by working efficiently, communicating effectively and understanding requests in a business context, d Detailed prep-analysis and evaluation of data requests is required in order to source underlying data sets promptly, to prioritise requests appropriately and to effectively manage data delivery expectations, compile fund annexes to client groups as required, manage relationships with data vendors, facilitate regular reporting of large data sets to the vendors, effectively manage queries that arise on the data sets and be able to assess the feasibility or benefit of new data provider offerings, initiative required to continually develop systems and procedures with a view to mitigating risk, identifying efficiencies in process and accommodating change to strategies, client demands, or in response to industry change, identify, analyse and interpret trends in complex data sets, acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and aggregating or consolidating data while maintaining quality assurance of data output to stakeholders, investigate and oversee the resolution of data issues by identifying issues and liaising effectively with appropriate business teams, work closely with portfolio managers, client directors, product specialists, marketing, IT and external vendors, manage deliverables timeously and accurately. Additional info available on application.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Minimum of completed tertiary qualification BBusSci / finance / accounting or similar
- IMC/ CFA desirable but not essential
- Minimum 3-5 years asset management industry experience required, global experience a distinct advantage
- Must have proven work experience of data analysis of complex data sets.
- Must have exceptional MSExcel skills – advanced level (this will be tested as part of the process)
- Must have MSExcel experience manipulating large sets of complex data, using pivots, formulas
- V/HLOOKUP, IF/AND Formulas, IF Conditions, SUMIF/SUMIFS, Date Formulas & Functions at an advanced level.
- Highly analytical, excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities that may shift
- Ability to work accurately and quickly, withing deadlines and under pressure
- Must have excellent project management and time management skills
- Ability to adapt and work with a variety of tasks and requests
- Flexibility to work within global timelines if required
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Naturally inquisitive with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude
Apply here or to find out more about this opportunity, please forward your CV to [Email Address Removed]
Please note that if you do not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role – thank you.
About The Employer:
Top asset management client! Global team exposure, working across all funds and business areas. Superb opportunity!