We are a small IT company in midtown Manhattan. We were founded in 1986, and have been a leading provider of Information Technology consulting and network services to government and corporate clients. We are seeking a well-organized, diligent, fast-moving bidder to research and prepare bids for government and corporate purchases.
– Receive assignments from VP of Sales
– Register deals with manufacturer and seek special pricing as appropriate
– Gather pricing information from manufacturers, distributors, vendors
– Verify that pricing complies with government contracts when applicable
– Prepare bid for internal review by VP of Sales to provide mark-up
– Finalize bid and send to client
– Follow up with client regularly
– Record all activities daily in master and daily bid tracking sheets and in sales forecast sheet
– Update VP of Sales regularly
– Maintain detailed records of all bids and client communication
– Hand off won bids to purchasing to be processed
– Solid knowledge of basic technology concepts (software, hardware, servers, switches, routers, etc)
– Very strong basic Excel skills and experience
– Strong basic math skills
– Strong attention to detail is a must!
– Strong written and spoken communication skills and etiquette (email and phone)
– Strong organization and time-management skills.
– Strong work ethic and self- motivated with the ability to take initiative when necessary.
– Ability to work with tight timelines and maintain quality standards.
– Background selling or bidding technology is a plus
– Experience with city and state government is a plus
– Experience preparing written proposals is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
– Email your resume and cover letter in MS Word or .pdf format. Put “Bidding Professional: Application of [Your Name]” in the subject line of the email.
– In your cover letter, please indicate when you are available to begin work, summarize your most relevant work experience, and include a brief answer to the following questions:
— Briefly describe your most effective organizational strategies
— Briefly describe your career goals, and how this position fits into them
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers